Netflix is arguably among the most prominent streaming platforms in existence, with over 100 million subscribers globally, and it keeps growing year after year. However, as easy as Netflix streaming is, there are instances when you need to watch series or movies without internet access. If you need to travel, go to a remote area, or otherwise be without WiFi, you may want to save movies and series on your laptop for offline viewing.
Whether you're boarding an airplane or taking the train, there's a possibility your mode of transportation won't have WiFi. Even if the internet is accessible, the cost of connecting may be outrageously costly. While you could do your best with your cellular data, there will undoubtedly be dead spots on your travel when there is no cell coverage. If you're a Netflix user and intended to take advantage of your trip to Netflix and chill, this may appear that you're out of luck. Luckily, there is a bright side.
Thanks to Netflix's offline-viewing capability, you may watch a variety of Netflix movies and series on the go. If you have one of Netflix's streaming plans, downloading video for offline watching is a simple process that eliminates the stress of not knowing when you'll be able to link to WiFi again.
Download Netflix App on Laptop
Netflix is by far the most popular media streaming service, available worldwide. It was one of the first services to transition to streaming back in 2007, and the risk certainly paid off with millions and millions of users. To create its streaming service, Netflix initially relied on licensed content from other distributors. By 2013, it finally started creating its original programming like House of Cards as a brand-new "Netflix Originals," setting a new standard for streaming-only entertainment.
Since then, Netflix has significantly grown its production of original content. Other emerging streaming services such as Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney Plus, have proven to be strong competitors.
The Netflix application can be downloaded for free from the Microsoft Store that can be accessed from any Windows 10/11 laptop. While you can get the Netflix app for free, you'll need to have an active Netflix account to take advantage of downloading movies and shows.
Here's how to download and install the Netflix app on a Windows 10 or 11 laptop:
- Navigate to the Microsoft Store.
- When you've located the Netflix app, click Get.
- Once the file has been downloaded, double-click it to open it.
- Tap the Get Started button.
- To begin your subscription, create a password and choose your preferred plan. If you already have an account, simply log in.
- You have successfully downloaded and installed Netflix and can now begin viewing or downloading movies and shows.
Can You Download Netflix Movies on Laptop?
Just about everyone these days is streaming movies, but what if you want to download such videos to view later? You could absolutely download Netflix movies to your laptop, whether you're expecting a long journey or simply want to prevent shaky playback difficulties.
The process is simple:
- Create a Netflix account. If you don't yet have a Netflix account, you can subscribe to a free 30-day trial. You must enter an email address, basic contact information, and an active credit card.
- Download and install the Netflix application. Traditionally, if you wanted to watch Netflix on your laptop, you could just sign in to your Netflix account using any suitable browser like Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. To download videos for future offline watching, you must use the official Netflix app. The application is available for free on the Windows app store for Windows laptops having version 8 and higher, and it may be used in conjunction with a paid Netflix membership. There is no app that can be downloaded and watched on a Mac laptop, however. The Netflix app for iPhone and iPad, on the other hand, is available in the Apple Store.
- Configure your quality preferences. If you simply subscribe to the Basic service package, your laptop will download movies in SD resolution. If you choose a higher level of service, you need to adjust your settings to download movies in the quality you like.
- Look up the movie you wish to download. While not all Netflix content is accessible for download owing to streaming rights, much of it is. To check what's obtainable, go to the upper left Menu button and pick "Available for Download." Any movie with the download icon which is an arrow pointing downward is available for download.
- Download and save the movie for later viewing. To begin downloading movies, click the download button. It will download with the quality you selected in your user preferences. Based on your internet speed, playback quality, and movie length, downloading the movie might take anywhere between a few minutes to an hour.
- Start watching offline. The offline watching feature is the coolest part of being able to download Netflix on laptops. Once you've downloaded a movie, you may view it by going to the app's "My Downloads" tab.
Can You Download Netflix Shows on Laptop?
It's essential to know if you've ever wished for a Netflix binge session while you're stranded somewhere without wifi, it's certainly possible.
Here's how to get Netflix shows and watch them offline:
- Check to see if you have a compatible device. If you have a suitable device but don't see any download choices, your os or Netflix app may need to be updated.
- Browse the app for downloadable content. There are two methods to check what's available for download once you've logged into your Netflix app. If you're looking for a certain program, search for and choose it. If it's available for download, you'll notice a Download button beside the episodes on the show's description page. Alternatively, go to the Main Menu bar and select Downloads, then press the See What You Can Download option. You'll be sent to a catalog page that is sorted by category, similar to the main Netflix homepage.
- Once you've downloaded your show, go to the main navigation bar and press the Download symbol to view what's in your offline library. Select the title and then press the Play button to play your Netflix show.
Netflix offers a wide range of streaming movies, TV series, and videos to Netflix subscribers. But don't fret if you need to buckle up for a long trip without internet. You can still binge on your favorite movies and shows offline.